Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Green Demon

The Green Demon, wildfire!
Its been a long time since I poster here! That's something I really should fix for the new year. I haven't been doing nothing since I did last post though, lots of drawings and doodles and all sorts of other art related stuff. But more about that later.

Game of Thrones has been one of my big obsessions last year. A great show full of intrigue, drama, violence, partial nudity and dragons. It doesn't get a lot better than that. Unless of course you fill it with British actors. One of the best bits for me was the Battle of Blackwater Bay where Tyrion proved himself a formidable general by using wildfire to fight off Stannis Baratheon's forces. In the books wildfire is described as 'the green demon'. That reminded me of Absinthe, or as it is sometimes known, the green fairy. So I had a quick look around at Absinthe labels and found one that I thought would serve as a good starting place. After that I only needed a few of my own tweaks to make it look right as a label for wildfire.

As usual this one is available at Redbubble and Society6 and you can find all the details on the new look Doodle Dojo Store.

Speaking of the new look Doodle Dojo Store (and taking the opportunity to add a gratuitous link again) I've made some changes over there to bring the place up to date for the new year. I also thought it might be fun to start up an email newsletter. I'm going to be telling you all about my latest designs and upcoming prints at shirt-a-day sites. I might even throw in a few exclusive giveaways to subscribers and special offers when they are available. Don't worry, I won't be spamming you every day! There will probably be one email a month and maybe the odd special for when there is something that just can't wait.

Sign-up here for the Doodle Dojo email newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment